Grazioso

Cascading Words

Detachment

30 January 2009

As much as possible, I don't like to be alone.

There's no one to talk to, to share your insights with, to laugh with.

This may sound emo or whatnot... but I haven't really found real people in this place where I can be my usual jolly self.

If there's one thing this institution lacks, it's the selection of people.

The ambiguous nature of block sections is that one tends to emulate the "leader of the pack"... be it good or bad.

I don't mean to sound arrogant when it comes to selecting the group of people I want to be with. It's just... I like people who share the same ideals as I have. I like to be associated with people who share the same interests as I do. The problem must be with me, I guess. I'm about a few years older than my blockmates and I don't exactly like what some of them are interested at (they don't care about my interests, too, so it seems). I'm not one to give in to peer pressure easily and I don't intend to give in to... uhhh those things. I'm quite surprised that the youth today is very different from what I was before. (Or is it just me getting old and stuff? @_@) Who knew indifference is such a fashionable statement and a personal mantra? It's all talk and no action. (gosh, this is beginning to sound like a rant).

Those who I like to be with are either irregular students or students from another batch/course. Irreg students are more down-to-earth than the others and students from another batch are more enjoyable to talk to. (I sound old already noh? Haha.)

Thank God for the things I can do to be busy...
Entry by yunisee

Comments - 0

Since 30 January 2009

Post a response
Search
About Me

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

Gateway

Archive

January 2009
February 2009
March 2009

Other Sites

DeviantArt Account
Plurk Account
Facebook Account
Multiply Account
Blogger Templates

Subscribe

My RSS Feed

Admin

Sign In